Spring is a time of renewal and rejuvenation. It’s a perfect opportunity to take a close look at your finances and make some changes that will benefit you in the long run. Its perfectly spaced after the holiday $pending and right before the $ummer fun.
Here are 6 ways to spring clean your finances:
- Review Your Budget: Take a close look at your budget and see if there are any areas that suppress you due to rising cost.
- Update Your Insurance: Review your insurance policies to make sure you have the right coverage at the right price. Cheaper is not always better when it comes to having the right protections for your family. Make sure you are comfortable with your coverage.
- Check Your Credit Report: Get a free credit report from one of the major credit bureaus and check it for errors. I had a small one pop up last year that temporarily lowered my score quite a bit.
- Cancel Unused Subscriptions: Go through your bank statements and cancel any subscriptions you no longer use. These can include gym memberships, magazine subscriptions, or streaming services. If you use amazon or apple to manage your subs make sure you take a detailed look inside those accounts.
- Negotiate Your Bills: Contact your service providers, such as your cable or phone company, and negotiate a better rate. You might be surprised how much you can save by simply asking. New promos come out all the time and they won’t give them until you ask.
- Sell Unwanted Items: Go through your home and sell any unwanted items that are still in good condition. Seasonal items can be hard to part with, but if its got 2 inches of dust on it now might be the time for it to find a new home. Pro tip- Use the extra money to pay off debt or add to your savings.
With the 6 tips outlined above, you can start the new season with a fresh perspective and a better handle on your finances. If you would like some help with putting together a personal spending plan reach out we are here to help. 5KeysFinancial.com
Leave a Reply